2016 HARVEST INFORMATION
These notes cover only a few topics, so please call with other questions. Don Zwicker can be reached at 715-709-0285
- As in every other year, Ace welcomes both contracted corn and un-contracted corn (spot corn).
- We ask that all drivers provide the proper individual or farm name information to the scale operator. First names are just as important as last names.
- Harvest hours at ACE will be available on our home page message and Customer Corn Line and also posted in the scale area at both locations. Hours may change according to need. Note: We ask that you are in line ½ hour prior to the stated closing time during harvest hours.
- At Stanley, Ace is only able to accept dry corn—corn under 15.5% moisture. If your corn is over 15.5% moisture, please do not stop at ACE to get a weight and grade. One option is to go to Larry Romanowski’s drying location across the street. Larry has a weight scale and he can check moisture and grade.
- As mentioned above, ACE will take corn at 15.5% moisture or below. However, if we find we are taking in too much higher-moisture corn, we may have to lower our maximum moisture allowed.
- Ace will be checking for aflatoxin and vomitoxin as per the discount schedule found elsewhere on this site.
- Ace will not accept corn containing transgenic events not approved for U.S. export markets; such markets to include Canada, China, South Korea, the European Union, Japan, and Mexico.
Unapproved GMO Varieties
At this time Ace Ethanol, Four Corners Grain Exchange, Fox River Valley Ethanol, and Fox River Elevator will not be accepting corn containing transgenic events not approved for US export markets; such markets to include Canada, China, South Korea, The European Union, Japan and Mexico.
Since a significant amount of dried distillers grains produced at these two ethanol plants are exported each year, we cannot accept any grain that would compromise our shipments. We reserve the right to test deliveries and decline any loads that test positive. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.
New Holland Club
Farmers who provide corn for ethanol plants can get special discounts on New Holland®
equipment and help the ethanol industry at the same time. To learn more, contact Don Zwicker at 715-644-5515